Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8: Active Reports

Brian B 74

Has anyone had success creating a calculated field?  Trying to find a workaround for the Min-Z when NOT using the top wcs.  I think it can be done with a calculated field, but I am having no luck getting ANY result - only errors.

Brian,

One area you might want to take a look at is adding some scripting to the report that evaluate values coming in. In the designer double click on the header, detail or footer to get to the script editor, from there you have some events you can trap and add logic too.

post-4901-0-53160300-1430243280_thumb.png

Unfortunately I don't know much about scripting.  I am (more or less) looking for a calculated field to subtract NOTE3 from MIN-Z.  As a work around I would like to type in a value in the Note 3 box of the setup sheet screen in MCX and have it subtracted from the MIN-Z value and have the result show up on the report.  This value would be the proper MIN-Z for that tool.

Again - this is just a work around.  This value is for a tool list - many others have said to use DEPTH but that is operation specific.

Unfortunately I don't know much about scripting.  I am (more or less) looking for a calculated field to subtract NOTE3 from MIN-Z.  As a work around I would like to type in a value in the Note 3 box of the setup sheet screen in MCX and have it subtracted from the MIN-Z value and have the result show up on the report.  This value would be the proper MIN-Z for that tool.

Again - this is just a work around.  This value is for a tool list - many others have said to use DEPTH but that is operation specific.

Without seeing your report it does seem as though it should be possible to check the value of the NOTE3 datafield and if it is greater than say 0 subtract it from the MIN-Z datafield value, possibly in the detail event. If you can share your report with me I am more than happy to take a look.  Just PM me.

I have attached a PDF document that walks you through a simple scripting example on how to reformat a tag from an XML data-source, namely the XML file created when you select the Setup Sheet menu from the operations manager.

Example contains a small amount C# and VB.NET code.

Any questions, issues, etc, please reply to this thread, thanks.

ActiveReportsScripting.pdf

Edited by Mick from CNC Software Inc.
  • Like 2

I have attached a PDF document that walks you through a simple scripting example on how to reformat a tag from an XML data-source, namely the XML file created when you select the Setup Sheet menu from the operations manager.

Example contains a small amount C# and VB.NET code.

Any questions, issues, etc, please reply to this thread, thanks.

Mick awesome. That is exactly what I have been looking for since Active Reports 1st came into the software. I knew there had to be ways to make this more robust then it has been. 5th Axis Consulting will be hiring a developer we know to make a stellar set up sheet. We are going to take the SYNC codes from MT and dump them into their own color coded report and everything.

Thank you Thank you and I can't say it enough Thank you.  :unworthy:  :unworthy:  :unworthy:  :unworthy: 

You're welcome Ron, glad I could help. 

There is a lot of flexibility there to be honest, all a report needs is a data-source, you could even write a NETHook or a VBScript to dump out a XML file as a data-source specific to your needs and feed that to your reports, plenty of options available to you. Have fun!

• 1 month later...