Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma mac tun 250 tooling set up (5 axis guys )

falcon954xxx

So we have the main spindle head an a lower turret.The boss wants to do all turning an threading ,facing etc.On the lower turret.That means the lower turret has to travel all the way over to the 2 spindle.Which when it is over on the 2nd spindle it is stretched to its limit on travel.Is that a good way to do it.He also wants spin tooling only for 5 axis head.

.Does that make sense some of you guys?

• Like 1

Nope he is wrong and really needs to understands the best way to use these machines. I am programming Multus U4000 machines and I have using turning tools in the upper in lower. I have a part right now where I am balancing operations with upper and lower. With one turning turret part would take 2 hours to machine. With both turrets it is done in 45 minutes. All about the wait code process. I like to use intervals of 10 for basic stuff and anything where I might want to dial down to the rapid move I will use intervals of 50 or 100. Are you guys using the MT or the Lathe w/Mill to program the machine?

The whole point of a multi-tasking machine is to multi-task. Turning with two tools on two spindles costs less money than one tool on two spindles. If he's afraid the live spindle isn't up to par for turning, I can assure it is. We have no problem hard-turning inconel and monel with the upper spindle. All while the lower turret is finishing up on the subspindle.

The whole point of a multi-tasking machine is to multi-task. Turning with two tools on two spindles costs less money than one tool on two spindles. If he's afraid the live spindle isn't up to par for turning, I can assure it is. We have no problem hard-turning inconel and monel with the upper spindle. All while the lower turret is finishing up on the subspindle.

Yes sir. Take that same mentality to a triple turret and you would really have to ask yourself why did you even buy one to being with.

So basically use the lower turret for roughing an finishing spindle 1 an spindle 2 use turning tools in head for that.Yeah the guy setting it up has zero experience on it and it shows.yep hes my boss but even i know as a mill guy that his set-ups are not the correct way to run these machines. .

post-45856-0-22860000-1430492543_thumb.jpeg

post-45856-0-96346300-1430492553_thumb.jpeg