Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 multiaxis error/glitch

mikenaturalice

Hey guys, just found out about a multiaxis problem in X8. Maybe this is old, if so my apologies, feel free to ignore this. If you are in a multiaxis path and you use the disk save icon in the upper left corner, sometimes (not sure what all paths are affected) it will make it so only the parallel cuts is available afterwards. Just learned this yesterday from my reseller after I could not get anything but classic and mill/drill to work in the multiaxis paths. It would show the proper name in the upper left corner, like swarf milling or whatever, but the surface/solid button and parallel cuts would be highlighted in the menu.

post-51233-0-90861300-1431609216_thumb.png

• Like 1

Yep, it was a defect that was caused by the defaults not being loaded correctly after you saved them while in an "advanced" 5 axis toolpath.

It should be working now, but if you're still in an X8 environment, you can copy your .default file from C:\Program Files\mcamX8\common\SharedDefaults\mill\Ops to your share directory, C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx8\mill\Ops . 

Cheers,