Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T brush deburring ??

MACHINEMASTERG

We tried using these and they work pretty well, I guess i dont have any tips other than make sure you dont run them too fast speed-wise, and also make sure you use a lot of coolant. If you dont use coolant you will have a residue left on the aluminum that is very hard to remove.

most brushes (when spun fast will shorten up due to centrifugal force) so make sure you keep that in mind when programming them. other than that they do the job.

Pete

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

anyone using nylon type abrasive brushes for deburring ???

Greg,

I do in our Pallet Pool System. Man, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I generally run the 3" at 500 RPM at 100 IPM. The finish is outstanding. It's actually pretty close to what we need it for the annodize that gets applied. The deburr people usually only have to touch a spot or two that I cannot reach with it. I would never think of not using it. It only costs aon average 2-3 minutes per part of cycle time which is a savings of about 5 minutes per part compared to what deburr used to take. I also Chamfer/Edge Break of .003" - .005" which the operator's like because they don't get all cut up.

Oh, we use Brush Research.

JM2C

HTH

I am using the Osborn brushes also and I have found that they do a very good job on complex galleries or heatsinks. I run mine at about 380 rpm and 100 IPM with full-flood coolant. I usually set it for about 1/8 inch of engagement at speed. No coolant or high rpms will melt them.

[ 11-13-2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: MetalMarvels ]

We use Weiler Nylox brand of brushes in our pallet pool machining center. Each machine has a 3" and 1" brush as standard tools. I run them between 500 and 900 RPM and between 50 and 100 IPM. Weiler suggested I run the spindle CW and CCW over the same tool path. It does a great job on cast aluminum. The downside, they do wear. The brush must be engaged 1/8" to 1/4" in the "cut". You must keep on top of the wear or the brush will be ineffective.