Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam x9 parameter number

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for parameter number of ASSEMBLY NAME which locates in the HOLDER section in X9 and I checked the NCI it is not exist.  I called mastercam they said it would be a parameter in X9 but I don't see it.  I think there is must be one and I think may be I did something wrong.  

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi, that setting is not available in either NCI or operation parameters. See attached pic. I know it has been requested for future release, though.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Bernobich | Posts Technical Writer
CNC Software, Inc. | 671 Old Post Road | Tolland, CT 06084 | USA
Phone: 860.875.5006 | Fax: 860.872.1565 |
www.mastercam.com

post-1612-0-66134400-1433437357_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, that setting is not available in either NCI or operation parameters. See attached pic. I know it has been requested for future release, though.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Bernobich | Posts Technical Writer

CNC Software, Inc. | 671 Old Post Road | Tolland, CT 06084 | USA

Phone: 860.875.5006 | Fax: 860.872.1565 | www.mastercam.com

Thanks Robert,

I think those features are very good for G10 lines as POSITIVE TOOL LENGTH OFFSET.

???

Hi Henk,

I'm not working another "WEIRD" shop, it would put more than 5 jobs on a machine with the same vise, tools but different tools length offset.  It can create big problem like mixing up the tool length offset which may cause CRASH. 

Therefore, I usually use renumber those tools I need in different tool number although they are the same for the different job and then STORED all TOOL LENGTH OFFSETs from SOURCE FILE.  Every time I post it would have G10 lines for me.

Doing that way, we can keep all the tools in the machine as RESIDENT TOOLS for couple weeks and not worrying spindle CRASH.

Thanks for asking Henk.

Hi Henk,

I'm not working another "WEIRD" shop, it would put more than 5 jobs on a machine with the same vise, tools but different tools length offset.  It can create big problem like mixing up the tool length offset which may cause CRASH. 

Therefore, I usually use renumber those tools I need in different tool number although they are the same for the different job and then STORED all TOOL LENGTH OFFSETs from SOURCE FILE.  Every time I post it would have G10 lines for me.

Doing that way, we can keep all the tools in the machine as RESIDENT TOOLS for couple weeks and not worrying spindle CRASH.

Thanks for asking Henk.

If you made the Table Top the Z reference for all your tools then you would have all the tools the one tool number and all with one length offset. You would then use your G54, G55 correctly to control the different Z vales and be done. They way you are going about it creating a nightmare for anyone, but your self to follow.

Really suggest you get a good AE from your machine builder to come in and show you have to correctly go about the process, because I am sorry to tell you that you are doing it a a way that might get done, but is a lot harder than it needs to be.

Again these are just my opinions. Please don't take it personally I am trying to offer sound tried trued and tested processes.

HTH