Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Motorized Rotary table

Does anyone know of a motorized rotary table or super spacer that can be retrofitted to a Mazak? I was wanting something like the link below but they can't guarantee that theirs will match up to our machine. We basically have some big disks that get a hole pattern drilled and tapped in the face and we don't have enough "Y" travel to get to the last hole. A manual one would still probably be faster than picking the part up with a lift and refixturing it.

http://www.tormach.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=multicat_8_Inch_Super_Spacers

Thanks

• Like 1

+1 koma

Sounds like you're already hanging out the door. I've made pins to fit snugly in some holes and then indicate those to pick back up on the part.

Just curious, the parts are so big you gotta use a lift and exceed Y travel but you want to run them on an 8in rotary table? If you're part hangs off the rotary very far you may want to consider putting supports under it.

I don't know how many you have but I can't imagine a second setup costing more than an NC rotary table. You could probably pick up a decent manual one at a cost that won't kill your profit.

• Like 1

+1 koma

Sounds like you're already hanging out the door. I've made pins to fit snugly in some holes and then indicate those to pick back up on the part.

Just curious, the parts are so big you gotta use a lift and exceed Y travel but you want to run them on an 8in rotary table? If you're part hangs off the rotary very far you may want to consider putting supports under it.

I don't know how many you have but I can't imagine a second setup costing more than an NC rotary table. You could probably pick up a decent manual one at a cost that won't kill your profit.

Thanks. The parts are only 50lbs. We use the lift just because of the ergonomics of the part and where its positioned. The one I posted the link to was just an example of what I was looking for. We run a few hundred a month right now with expectations of growing quite a bit as soon as we can handle the load. This is a product line that won't be going away as long as we can perform.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a motorized rotary table or super spacer that can be retrofitted to a Mazak? I was wanting something like the link below but they can't guarantee that theirs will match up to our machine. We basically have some big disks that get a hole pattern drilled and tapped in the face and we don't have enough "Y" travel to get to the last hole. A manual one would still probably be faster than picking the part up with a lift and refixturing it.

http://www.tormach.com/store/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=multicat_8_Inch_Super_Spacers

Thanks

I'm using two different mazak mills with rotary tables, they're made by kitigawa. They came with the machines though.