Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe issue

Jmick

I just posted this on the Mastercam forum. Any of you having this issue?

"Somewhere in the middle of the x8 update lathe was changed and the turning tools will not will not go beyond the end of the geometry chosen. It will go as far as the end of the tool and not compensate for the tool nose Radius. Leaving something like a cusp at the end of a path( such as turning the o.d. to clean up). I know how to work around it but why the change after all these years. Becomes a PITA when regenerating programs that you have ran and now have to look for abnormalities like this. Also "use stock" in the face parameters page, by default, plugs in the leftover material dimension that needs to be taken off of the face when using stock flip. the value always was (0) before and now every time I face I have to change it to zero or there will be no rough passes associated with it. WHATS UP!!!!!! "

Are you talking about the stock display, or actual code output? I use X9 lathe, and it works and displays as it should. However, in X9 Mill/Turn, the stock display always shows a little tet from the tool not passing center. In the actual code output, it comes out correctly and compensates for the tool nose radius. So I just ignore it.

Lets say I want to turn the O.D. back 2 inches, the line geometry selected is 2 inches long and the tool nose radius is .032. The code should posts out z-2.03125 and now it is z-2.0 ,leaving material the size of the tool nose radius still to come off.

Lets say I want to turn the O.D. back 2 inches, the line geometry selected is 2 inches long and the tool nose radius is .032. The code should posts out z-2.03125 and now it is z-2.0 ,leaving material the size of the tool nose radius still to come off.

If you are referring to a finishing toolpath, it has always worked this way.

Helpful when chaining up to a shoulder; no need to shorten the contour by the radius of the tool.

Just depends on if you are in Control Or Computer.

Hi Jmick, 

I replied to your post on the other forum.... 

PM me if you'd like to dig deeper. Or post whatcha got here... or there... it's up to you. 

Cathedral, please send the MT "teet" thing into QC to my attention. 

(I didn't know you were an MT user...)

Hi Jmick, 

I replied to your post on the other forum.... 

PM me if you'd like to dig deeper. Or post whatcha got here... or there... it's up to you. 

Cathedral, please send the MT "teet" thing into QC to my attention. 

(I didn't know you were an MT user...)

I sure am. The guys around your shop probably refer to me as "that mother f#$@r from Ohio."