Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help to reduce air cutting

bad-mod

hey guys been trying for a while to figure this one out. I want to rough a triangular shape off a part which is simple enough but i would like to be able to link the operation to the stock  so i can do away with air cutting. 

thought of many ways I can bullxxxx it or do it in multiple operations to make it more efficient but i figure if mastercam is clever as i think it is there must be a way.  

I have attached a copy of the file and a screen shot as well

Cheers in advance guys.

PR01 TRACK SAMPLE.mcx-8

post-54711-0-34618300-1438746067_thumb.jpg

Oh,

He needed my .stl file that I created from his stock.

Site would not allow upload of the .stl file, although looks like Scottbro used the same technique but set-up a stock operation first.

I think Scottbro did a better job, as there is only a single file to manage.

Same result though...

Sorry about ver. 9 to the original poster.

Good luck,

Barry in St Louis

------------Went back and changed my uploaded file to work without the .stl file.--------------

Thanks guys!.{Jay  i am on the other sid of the world so i was asleep, thats why i said thanks in advance ;) } Scott you the man. Don't know why i didn't work that out yesterday ?

buy anyhow sorted now.

what was that that you did with the extrusions i made ?  and was there and advantage to doing that ?

No problem Bad-mod. I think you're asking me how and why I joined the 2 solids? I used the boolean feature. The reason I did that is to work with one solid. Its a little easier to make a stock model that way. The benefit to a stock model is Mastercam will base its toolpaths from the geometry of the stock model so you don't have air passes. The benefit of that is Mastercam thinks so you don't have to. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.