Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Router w/ Mcam for Solidworks?

Z3

Okay...

Trying to figure out how to program a Techno Router with MFSW.  I have all the control, machine def, and post files for Mcam X9 but would like the option to program straight from MFSW.  I've tried changing the 3 file extensions from .RMD to .MMD, etc. - but doesn't seem to work.  What am I missing?  Can it be done?

Suggestions...?

• Like 1

Z3, The company I work for has a similar issue. We do a lot of routing, but happen to do a bit more milling. 

The work around that I use is:

In the tool tree>Properties>Files

In the popup select the Replace button.
In the filename field( bottom with the text saying "File Name:" next to it), type *.* and hit the enter key. This will show all file types in the folder.
Select the machine you want to use(assuming you have the RMD already).
Back to the original popup window select the Edit button.
You will have a new popup, and select the Edit the control definitions button.
Make sure that all the properties are correct. I often need to reset all the parameters(arc and drill cycles) when I restart M4SW.

If everything is good, then you should be able to post without issue.

Personally this drives me nutz, but after jumping from Mastercam for routing and then back to milling, with the opposite machine type having the above issues. I decided to settle with using Milling as I do much much more of that.