Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 Mastercam Verify v Simulation Verify

Newbeeee™

Hey guys...I'm sorry I'm late to the party...but I'm trying to catch up in X9 now that I've finally made the switch. I asked a question in a different thread about the crappy quality of what I thought was 'verify' but after reading this thread, I'm starting to think it was 'mastercam simulator'. When I click on the 'verify' button in the ops manager "mastercam simulator' pops up. Maybe I don't understand, but is the old verify still available because the graphics quality of the 'mastercam simulator' is HORRIBLE for me and the old verify in X6 was great for me. I could run it on top quality and see EVERYTHING even on my big parts whereas in the new mastercam simulator if I get up close to see details the entire screen turns into a VERY MUDDY impressionistic mess...

edit....hmmm... reading Jim's comment I found the 'verify' icon in the toolbar...but what do I do to make it 'work'? It does nothing when I click on it? Do I need to activate it???? Typed 'verify selection' into the help and it didn't come up...

Scott

When are you planning to jump to 2017? I'd suggest now to skip doubling your learning curve.

Is 2017 already out? I thought it was coming out later...I NEVER jump immediately...been burnt with too many crappy releases of mastercam where they rush to put out more bells and whistles and break things that used to work in the process. I loved X6 so much that I hated leaving it until our reseller 'gently' told us they did NOT have to 'service' X6 issues, sigh... so we moved to X9. But I will watch and wait concerning 2017 until they put out the first or second maintenance update to fix all the stuff they broke adding more things that I won't use. Our shop is pretty backwards and it simply doesn't pay to learn too many new tricks if the old ones do the job...though I see a couple of new things in X9 that I do like...IF I could just get the verify back to the quality of X6!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Mazak i700 and I have a inhouse machine simulator I bought with the post in X9. I am working with some large fixtures and full 5 axis (think tomestone) and I want to get the tool change position correct. Right now the tool just stays in position and changes. That shows a crash. Our machine runs production non stop and I need to be sure all my tools clear before I intro new parts. I know I should be running Vericut but I never got that running right either.

Since I have seen full tool changers simulated I hope this is a simple one.  

Thanks

Edit: I assumed this was a setting, InHouse fixed me up with a post edit.