Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multiaxis roughing revisited

MIL-TFP-41

OK, got a chance to play with my upcoming project again. This path looks to have some serious potential....wanted to get others opinion on some problem areas.

No matter what I try it seems the path wants to start at the machine home position with the initial approach move.

No matter what I try in dynamic move the tool gets way over engaged after the initial helix in move.

Any ideas??? Seems like alot of the settings that should be there aren't there yet...maybe not ready for prime time?

post-5509-0-77231500-1442438356_thumb.jpg

test.mcx-9

No matter what I try it seems the path wants to start at the machine home position with the initial approach move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In backplot turn off setting show mii/router home position

No matter what I try in dynamic move the tool gets way over engaged after the initial helix in move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bet you use helix folowed by full medial burial change entrance typ to helixonly or

Helix with trochoid movement

HTH

I may be totally off base here, but are your tool planes and construction planes correct? Should they be TOP=>FRONT=>FRONT ? I also noticed that your rapid distance is set to .8. and your entry feed distance is set to 1.0. I changed the planes to TOP=>FRONT=>FRONT and changed the rapid distance to 2. and air move distance to 2. and everything looks good. As far as the over-engagement of the tool, check the ramp length. I changed it to 25% and it looks good.

Hey guys!

Sorry, I just saw this thread, figured I'd hop in to help clear things up a bit.

The first question (starting at machine home) is actually starting at TOP's XYZ 0 position. That's the classic backplot issue that's shown for Multiaxis toolpaths for years.  Summary of it is:  The tool has to be displayed somewhere in the TOP XYZ orientation, so it just puts it at the origin.    It's annoying, but it's a limitation of the classic backplot.  If you check it in the new backplot in Simulator, you won't see it, nor will you see it in posted code.

The second question about the first cut size, looks like a defect, I'll have the lads take a look at it. The summary of this one is "Reduce the Ramp Length (under Roughing)."  That'll shrink the helix size.  

Cheers,

• Like 1