Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tombstone rotate in incremental mode

CAM Disciple

Welcome to the Forum Kay. Which post are you using and for what Machine will help us to help you. If you are trying to soemthing like the same cut around a part to let say make an Hex you can use Transform and the subs and use incremental and this will take the original toolpath and output it as a incremetnal sub and do all the rotations for you around the part. If you look on the FTP in the MC9 foler you will see File Octogon Transform this is an example of what I am talking about hope that helps you also in the time being.

Crazy Millman

[ 11-23-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

I am using MPFAN generic fanuc post.

I had defined 4 views for my parts.

0 degree, 90 degree, 180 degree, 270 degree.

My rotation table cannot rotate 360 degree and I need better control of how it rotate. For example, if I want to move the table from 270 degree to 180 degree, under the absolute mode, the table will rotate clockwise 270 degree instead of anticlockwise 90 degree.

I actually went into the post and force the absinc variable to 1 in the ppos_cax_lin2 block before outputting rotary axis. I don't think this is the correct way of doing this even though it works.

Also, when I enabled the WCS output, it will post G54 for 0 degree, G55 for 90 degree, G56 for 180 degree and G57 for 270 degree view even though my work offset is defined as -1. The nci generated actually has the workofs variable change when the table is rotated. How can I make MasterCAM only generate different wcs if I change my workoffset to 1,2,3, and etc?

Thanks in advance

Well I would use a number and not anything cuase this will get problem. I always put a number in the box and then turn off the posting to multi offsets in the post right here:

code:

force_wcs   : no   #Force WCS output at every toolchange?  

That should take care of that problem. I have found that you also need to be very careful with WCS or T-plane/C-plane control for rotation just cause you say back it does not put the axis in the right direction for psoting I have found you need to play clsoe attention to the x-axis direction to make sure you dont get the dreeded multi axis posting error. I think you are on the right track just soem little pitfalls we all fll into unless we are freaking Einstein or soemthing but then he couldn't drvie a car cuase he was too smart to. Sometimes common sense goes alot futher here then all that books smarts though he was a self taught man.

Crazy Millman

[ 11-24-2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

quote:

I actually went into the post and force the absinc variable to 1 in the ppos_cax_lin2 block before outputting rotary axis. I don't think this is the correct way of doing this even though it works.

If it works, and it dosn't break anything else, it isn't wrong.

quote:

Also, when I enabled the WCS output, it will post G54 for 0 degree, G55 for 90 degree, G56 for 180 degree and G57 for 270 degree view even though my work offset is defined as -1. The nci generated actually has the workofs variable change when the table is rotated. How can I make MasterCAM only generate different wcs if I change my workoffset to 1,2,3, and etc?

Are you using the WCS to define the index positions? If so, that is your problem. Don't use the WCS to define index positions. To define the index positions, rotate the tool plane about the rotary axis. The WCS is only for defining a new zero for the part program. Rotary index moves are not new zeros, they are references to the existing zero.

quote:

For example, if I want to move the table from 270 degree to 180 degree, under the absolute mode, the table will rotate clockwise 270 degree instead of anticlockwise 90 degree.

Set the switch on your machine control to take the shortest route.

Rob