Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tranform STL

maestro

I have done this many times but have now incountered a problem. I verify my 1st op and save as STL. If I run verify on this STL without tranforming it, the STL file comes into verify without any problems. If I go to file-converters-stl-transform and transform this file to a new location on my fixture for verification, I get he following error, LW has found the STL file not to be closed and watertight. An approximation will be used as stock. This approximation is not very good and doesn't work very well for verification of my 2nd op. Has anyone out there run into this problem and if so, did you find a solution for it?

maestro,

I'm having this very same problem, I've tried all of the suggestions here on the board and none of them seem to work in v9.1 sp2. Ready to pull my hair out!

mad.gif

quote:

When you do File,Converters,Stl,Write File.

At the bottom of the screen on the left it asks you what tolerance. It comes up with .001 and thats where you change it to another value.

You can't do this from verify can you?

Kevin, you are correct. You don't have this option creating an stl from verify. I am using

Ver 9.1SP2 also. I only get htis error after tranforming the stl file. It doesn't happen on all of my files. I have tranformed other stl files that were created from verify. I too have tried all of these suggestions without any success. Thanks you every for your suggestions.

Rick, I use the WCS function also and this works great. This particular job involves running 4 parts on a 4th axis setup on a vertical mill. We run 2 parts complete of opposite hand parts, 1st & 2nd op all on the same fixture. The parts are modeled up in MC the way they sit on 4 sides of the fixture. I verify the first op from the raw material, but then I ned to save this as an STL, tranform this to the opposite side of the fixture to verify the toolpaths for that side. If I don't transform it I don't get any errors, but then its not in the correct position on the fixture. The error occurs after transforming it to the other side of the fixture.