Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

GeForce GTX 745 display issue

Stephen

My graphics screen displays fine except when I use Raster to Vector in Art. My screen goes grey/black and no picture shows up in manual trace.

I've read old threads on changing video card settings in MasterCAM and in Windows, but I don't see anywhere to change these settings in X9 or Windows 10.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I have a GeForce and have had absolutely zero issues. I also use a Visio hi def TV as my second monitor.

I guess I don't know what I'm missing tho, never been behind the screen of one of these $4000 video cards. I've always ran gaming cards and the only complaints I've ever had were the times I tried ATI cards with AMD processors. The combo is crap. ATI with Intel has worked well the one time I had that combo.

The last time I tried AMD was around 2004 or so when they did some thing with SW. The processor even had the SW logo on the box. It was crap. I'd rather have a celeron.

Just be glad you don't have a Radeon.

It's a Dell XPS system. I did update the driver, but no improvement. In the Nvidia software there is global and program specific options. I could make a custom profile for MC, but there are probably 20 settings from anisotropic filtering to virtual reality pre-rendered frames that can be turned on/off or modified. I'm not a tech guy, where would I start?

I have a GeForce and have had absolutely zero issues. I also use a Visio hi def TV as my second monitor.

I guess I don't know what I'm missing tho, never been behind the screen of one of these $4000 video cards. I've always ran gaming cards and the only complaints I've ever had were the times I tried ATI cards with AMD processors. The combo is crap. ATI with Intel has worked well the one time I had that combo.

The last time I tried AMD was around 2004 or so when they did some thing with SW. The processor even had the SW logo on the box. It was crap. I'd rather have a celeron.

Just be glad you don't have a Radeon.

And many moon ago I used to run and Ati swearing it was good until I realized it wasn't  ;)

The GTX 745 isn't a gaming card, it's a cheap budget gpu.

His best,least expensive bet is to go with a GTX 760.

GeForce GTX 745 (OEM)
Step up to GeForce® GTX™ gaming with the new GTX 745. Its powerful, ultra-efficient next-gen architecture makes the GTX 745 the weapon of choice for serious gaming at an incredible value.

Yeah, it is  :)

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-745-oem

GeForce GTX 745 (OEM)
Step up to GeForce® GTX™ gaming with the new GTX 745. Its powerful, ultra-efficient next-gen architecture makes the GTX 745 the weapon of choice for serious gaming at an incredible value.

Yeah, it is   :)

Ehhh. "Serious weapon"?! 

That thing is a "Gaming Card" The way that a barebones mustang is a "Race Car" 

• Like 1

GeForce GTX 745 (OEM)

Yeah, it is   :)

ROFL

Yeah, for the type of "gamers" that only play facebook games.

• Like 1

I think maybe he's looking at an older generation 970, the new ones are all GTX970's.  I paid 330 for my GTX970 about 5 months ago

yes very possible that it may have been an older version. I picked it up at best buy. its a ssc" super clocked" 970 evga. runs almost any game I need it to so im sure it would run mastercam just fine