Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Air Thru Table- Matsuura MX-520

Anyone have any experience plumbing air thru a 5 axis trunnion setup? I am looking for a way to supply air to a System 3R or Erowa chuck for automation purposes on our MX-520. Both chuck suppliers have a way externally to bring air to the chuck but they either add Z height to the chuck or take up table space and are causes for potential collision at A-90. Any ideas out there?

TK

Depends. Anywhere from 2" cubed to 10" cubed to 1 x 7 x 18. Looking at it again it may suit most of what we see but not all, a lot of low volume high mix. Trying to encompass as much as possible. I guess it comes down to cost and ROI. My contact at Lang is out today. Hopefully get some ballpark numbers on Monday.

Yeah I'd look into lang.

I ran into the same thing trying to retrofit one of my machines and it turned into a PITA. All you need is a rotary union but the trunion has to be setup for it . I'm sure if matsuura offers it as an option the trunion is machined correctly already.

I've been following you on instagram. (I'm dennisrathi on there)

Matsuura offers it as an option, but says it needs to be done at the factory. This is why I contacted Tsudakoma since they make the table. I'm doubtfull I'll be able to make it work but it's worth a shot. 

I'm hoping to get some more info on what the actual size limiter is on the Lang system. 

Yup Dennis, follow you too. A lot cool work you've been doing... wish we had more of it. Pretty close in age too I think.

TK

We do the same here on a little smaller workpiece, it works really well. Going the route of Erowa or Sys 3R I was hoping to get a little larger workpiece in an automation setting for maximum flexibility for our environment. The repeatability on the Erowa and Sys 3R is MUCH nicer too. We'll see... 

Lang's pricing is attractive and the fact of not having to plumb air to the table certainly helps.