Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

program name

I2B4U

the program name at the top of the nc file is apparently taken from the name of the group at the time the first operation is created, however, renaming of the group does not alter the name in the nc file. where would this be stored at? confused.gif and how may I change it after the operations have been created? confused.gif

w2k pro 9.1 level3 sp2

maziac,

The program name is either whatever you've named the .MC9 file, or any name you give the .NC file during the post processing of the toolpaths. When the Post processing dialog is open, there is a switch for saving the .NC file (not the .NCI in the box above). Directly below the Save NC check box are two radio buttons. One says "Overwrite" and the other says "Ask". With overwrite checked "on", the .NC file will be whatever was last named or whatever your .MC9 file is. The new .NC file will overwrite any existing .NC files with the same name in the same directory. If "ask" is turned on, then Mastercam will allow you to name the .NC output whatever you like. HTH biggrin.gif

[ 12-12-2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

I'm sorry, redface.gif I didn't explain this very well, I'm talking about the name inside the nc file, not for the nc file.

O0040

(PROGRAM NAME - 0003-13 MONITOR 1ST OP PROGRAMMED BY - )

(DATE=DD-MM-YY - 12-12-03 TIME=HH:MM - 14:00 )

N1 G20

N2 G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

N3 G91 G28 Z0.

( 4" FACE MILL W/ 45' LEAD IN TOOL - 20 DIA. OFF. - 20 LEN. - 20 DIA. - 4. )

( FACE PART TO CLEAN UP )

N4 T20

N5 M6

N6 G0 G90 G54 X-33.3831 Y19.9431 S3000 M3

but I really do appreciate your response.

Well you have all types of control forthis. I have my name the exact path for the files on the netwrok to what machine or computer they are on. I can then print the frist page of a program or a set-up hseet and the operator or myself knows where the program is. It is related to what you and where you save it. Put up part of the Post where this post out and we can tell you how to customize it more if you would like.

Crazy Millman

Open your post and look for

code:

pheader

Inside this function you'll find

code:

progname

This is the name of the NC file that is being posted. That is where it comes from in the beginning of the posted NC file. This is where you'll want to replace

code:

progname

with what ever you want to be there.

HTH

'Rekd

Hi maziac,

Below taken from MC Help. Use the blue ? on the toolbar above the left menu when you want help on certain functions.

By default, NCI files use the current MC9 file name. If the current MC9 has not been saved, the NCI file uses the default MC9 file name.

In other words whatever you name the .MC9 is what your .NC file name will be.

ie, 12345.MC9 will output 12345.NC

HTH