Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas DT-1

Anyone ran these for long?

I see the TRT-100(small budget 5th axis rotary) out now and was wondering if I could make this machine and rotary combo work for what I need...

I'm just cutting plastic but I'd like to hold

+/-.001 if I need to. Also wondering about reliability down the road.

They are dinky. Only 15 horsepower. They offer 4 and 5 axis controllers for them as an option, not sure if they can be field installed. What kind of tolerance are you expecting hold? Form? Position? I'm sure you can hold a feature to size. I don't know if I'd expect it to hold a positional tolerance that tight.

There's a video on YouTube about a medical company making spinal implants outta titanium on dt1s. I'm just cutting plastic... I just wonder how solid they are as far as longevity running the spindle wide open all the time.

I read on cnczone or practical machinist that they were having spindle issues back in 2011ish.

I would think that's been corrected by now right?

We're already running robodrills. Love them. But if a machine 1/2 the price will make my parts reliably...why not???

I'm looking for someone that's ran one for a few years.

Maybe I should sign up and ask those guys over on PM

We're getting rid of 2ax Robodrills next week (10krpm yr 2006) and replacing with 2x Feeler TV510's with 30tools and 15k rpm with alpha pack drives and motors.

They are 2/3rd a Robodrill price (that's a 10krpm Robodrill price).

We have had 1x Feeler for 18 months running trouble free, hence getting 2x more.