Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stupid question.....Help Please

Art Siler jr

Ok, I'm programming a lathe part but the boring bar is  starting way to high....How can I tell it to start at the drill size to start the bore..

Stock definition helps, but I dont like doing it that way.  The way I do it is, I draw a vertical line that its at the radius of the drill from center line and make it part of my toolpath, that way the boring bar starts at the ID that the drill left, or just a bit below.  Does that make any sense?

Define and use stock you are far better off...

Get used to doing it and it becomes second nature...try to battle through without stock and you will have constant issues of one sort or another

I didnt say dont use stock, I use stock religiously.  But for boring bar operations I like to have a little more control over where my tool is going to start cutting.  I do it the way I described AND I use stock.

I didnt say dont use stock, I use stock religiously.  But for boring bar operations I like to have a little more control over where my tool is going to start cutting.  I do it the way I described AND I use stock.

You could accomplish the same thing by activating ref points, no need to create extra geom.

I use ref points to send the boring bar to a location at the end of the tpath before sending it home.

• Like 4