Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

looking for old thread

awjareme

Im looking for an old thread I found and now lost. It had 3 attachments that showed different ways for setting multiple work offsets. I had it on my phone but couldn't access the attachments, and now that I am at my desktop I cant locate it again. I'm not sure who wrote it, but I imagine it was one of the regulars and was hoping someone might remember. I think it was as far back as X6.

• Like 1

I am not sure but if you describe your question or what you are looking to accomplish to the best of your ability I am sure someone can assist. If you are looking to do the same part in multiple vices, that is easiest with a transform toolpath, if you are looking to cut different parts using different offsets then it will be handled through planes.

did you try searching "setting multiple work offsets"

Yes, can't find it. Originally I was on yahoo mobile site. I tried the phone again and no luck, I should have wrote it down

I am not sure but if you describe your question or what you are looking to accomplish to the best of your ability I am sure someone can assist. If you are looking to do the same part in multiple vices, that is easiest with a transform toolpath, if you are looking to cut different parts using different offsets then it will be handled through planes.

I was just looking at different ways of doing things and it seemed like it would be informative as it showed a few different ways to accomplish the same thing. I am just trying to gain a better understanding of what is going on. I don't use it all that often, but I occasionally do with a 4th axis set-up or multiple vices. I want to be able to show a couple other guys here how to use it properly and be certain I have a good explanation. I just ordered a mastercam indexing tutorial book, which I hope covers all this. It seems to be a tougher area to grasp in mastercam

Yes, can't find it. Originally I was on yahoo mobile site. I tried the phone again and no luck, I should have wrote it down

I was just looking at different ways of doing things and it seemed like it would be informative as it showed a few different ways to accomplish the same thing. I am just trying to gain a better understanding of what is going on. I don't use it all that often, but I occasionally do with a 4th axis set-up or multiple vices. I want to be able to show a couple other guys here how to use it properly and be certain I have a good explanation. I just ordered a mastercam indexing tutorial book, which I hope covers all this. It seems to be a tougher area to grasp in mastercam

Ok, i have an old video i did in x7 that is still applicable. This was one of my first videos i had created so in my opinion its somewhat crappy but i think it still will give you an understanding of how to use a transform path to cut multiple parts in multiple vices utilizing Work offsets. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvzo3syeh27emdp/Transform%20-%20Work%20Offsets%20-%20Multiple%20vices%20with%20duplicate%20parts.mp4?dl=0

I'm not sure if that will help you or not, but if it does, great