Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Graphics question

Rick46

When u had the display turned onto X8 and Regen a drill path it would show the diameter of tool at the depth it was going to which worked as a great double check that one had the right size drill selected. In X9 how ever I cannot seem to get this function to stay on. It shows for a spilt second during Regen completion then it's just the feed and rapid lines being shown and how deep they go. Is this graphics card related or something I have not got turned on or off in my settings. TIA.

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually referring to the display option for the toolpath. In X8 when regenerating a drilling operation with the display for the toolpath turned on, it would show a cicle equal to the drill dia. at the bottom of the hole. In X9 it blinks on when generating then goes off.

This is a display issue not back plot. The button between the lock and the ghost if pressed will show a display of the toolpath and direction, tool dia, and depth etc.. when you leave the display turned on using a drill path and Regen the drill path this is when the dia of the drill is displayed. X9 does not show this on the screen anymore. Also the color of the lines in the display seem to be translucent until zoomed right up on to them. We don't use backplot to much at this shop as we do not do 3D work in mastercam. Only 2D there for this display works as a quick way of backplotting our paths. Now we can hardly see the feed lines no matter what color we change them nor does the dia of tool show up anymore. Thanks in advance for any info. Also the quick verify mode with shade selected helps but not as great as the display.