Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chains reversing when using chain feature option

tiredtoolmaker

Re: X7

Chamfering bores, see example

I've never had this problem before. The upper left hand circle shows the arrow in the direction I want to chamfer these holes. Notice the direction of the arrow for the additional chains is in the wrong direction causing the cutter to comp to the wrong side of the chain. I  used chain feature to select the additional circles and no matter what I do outside of reversing each chain individually it won't correct this. Any suggestions? Could it be the model? I did notice my edge curves for these holes are (2) 180 degree arcs but it chains the entire arc as one chain.

post-59332-0-54426800-1457979624_thumb.png

For what it's worth,

When you have a solid like that, sometimes as you've seen, it will create "weird" geometry.

If you are using X9, then try using the "Hole Axis" (under Model Prep). With this "Hole Axis" function, you can create Centerlines for the center of the bore. But, you can also use the function to generate Circles at the Top and/or Bottom of the hole.

You can use this function to generate new Circles, and they should generate as a "Clean" Arc. You can choose to do it on Top or Bottom of all the holes, and do it all in one shot.

There might be a better way but I got it. I selected my first circle as conventional milling then selected chain feature. Now all chains show conventional. then I right clicked on the red arrow under chain manager and selected change side and it gave me what I wanted.

Is there a way to quick mask chains and reverse all?

Thanks for the suggestions.