Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC4SW Workflow

Brian B 74

When 2017 releases I will be making the transition to MC4SW.  My biggest question is this - do those who use MC4SW program at the part level (sldprt file) or in at the assembly level (sldasm)?  The parts I am programming are for plastic injection molds.

Thanks in advance!

I program primarily in an assembly state. If the assembly is completely done and you don't need to touch anything in it, like mates, or small part revisions, it's really no problem.

Making changes to the parts in the assembly, or even minor mate changes that are in no way related to the part you are machining can cause some of your tool paths to go dirty.

My main advice is to keep the mastercam plugin disabled on startup, and keep it off until you need to start making toolpaths. The mc plugin really slows down the startup and makes assembly mode pretty buggy, SW performs much better if you just keep it off until you need it.

I've been doing some injection mold work in mcfsw, I am doing this on a hmc, so my pallet and fixture/tombstone are already made as assemblies, then I can add the mold components as sub assemblies and start making toolpaths.

• Like 1