Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT - Bush's Immigration reform

beav700

quote:

I'm not sure how large of a problem that really is, you just hear a lot of anecdotal stories living near the border.

that is the mistake we all make, i learned when i married my wife, i did all the paper work talk to the people involved in the matter , not the bystanders or the myths. talk to the offices involved in you will learn a lot more and more ....

if you really want to know, most of the people taking advantage of the system are the lazy ones, women who go on welfare with one kid, then one kid more every year, men and women who dont want to work and make up some stupid story and the go on social security, drug dealers, prostitues, hijakers, pimps...that is the real problem, they learn the system then go and abuse it.

now, english should be the one and only lenguage spoken outside your home, i am 100% with that, if i came here i should learn the laws and follow them, starting by speaking english...but like i said, if the system allows me to abuse it who knows, i might do it, like james said... why print one line of text in 10 different lenguages?..why hired 10 different translators?...10 different doctors, nurses etc..???....this is 1 and only 1 country with many diferent people and cultures. one country , 1 lenguage , same laws for all. wink.gif

[ 01-08-2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Lathe-Mill ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It's geting pathetic here. I'm all for preserving ones culture, but they (foreigners living here) need to adapt. How far would I get if I went to a foreign country and asked for government documents, assistance, etc... in ENGLISH? Sssssssshhhhhhhhheeeeeeeyyyyyyyaaaaaaa right! We need to instill the importance of learning english to these folks and their children. They are hurting themselves and our NATION!

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...ever been to Garden Grove...

You mean Garbage Grove??? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Sorry could not resist. Actually I'll be transferring to one of our facilities in Garden Grove for a while.

My guess is that in another 200 years,no-one will be speaking english here. rolleyes.gif

That means that:

8:00-8:45 Physics class

8:45-9:30 Social studies

9:30-10:15 Spanish

10:15-11:00 Study hall

11:00-11:45 Phys Ed.

11:45-12:15 Lunch (you get to play with all the other spanish speaking kids) biggrin.gif

12:15-1:00 Science

1:00-1:45 Math

No offense Juan. wink.gif

none taken Brendan, I support the english only rule 100 %.

first thing I did 18 years ago when I came here from puerto rico, get me a dictionary spanish to english the very first week, then take night classes.

back then there was no translators for every single lenguage. wink.gif

[ 01-09-2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Lathe-Mill ]