Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Core Gouges When Using Surface Toolpaths

nickzrt81

I bet a dollar if you do full vertical retract it goes away.

Since that is all I ever use on HST toolpath might be why I don't see it.

Pete on your file you are using .001 for the HST toolpaths, but then you used .0001 for the project. May not seem like that big of a deal, but on something I want a really good finish on I tighten up the tolerances like you did on the project. That not give you what you want go to .00001 tolerance. Not looking like I would expect so I would think a email off to QC might be a good idea. I did turn my compare down to .0001 and it shows issues using the loser tolerance on the HST toolpath, but not the tighter tolerance. Again without being in front of the machine to see what it does hard for me to tell.

I did look at the pics after posting this and yes agree there is a noticeable difference.

I was tightening up the tolerance to try to get a sharp edge down the pyramid. Looser tolerance seemed to roll the edge abit to much. I guess because by that point I was already over the Hybrid I never went back to tried to tightening it up. Lol told ya I was not smart. But oddly enough the hybrid even with the looser setting dealt with the edge better. The other thing I had issues with was the transition line showing up on the hybrid part. These parts are actually going out to be polished after they are done so any tool gauge is really gonna show up. Luckily this is a favor for my uncle, so I stand no chance of making any money for all our efforts.. But that being said I appreciate all the help, its all about becoming better with every project, and if it weren't for the challenges, well we would never evolve.