Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4-AXIS HELP

:: TeCCim ::

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

None for download, but you can get it from your Local Reseller in Huntington Beach - CAD/CAM COnsulting. Should be a 30/40 minute drive down the 405 for you. (714) 847-6890

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

That's about it as far as reference material. May I suggest taking classes at their place? There a TON of info to glean and may actually speed the proficiency process.

If you're used to Cimmatron, you'll find the Mastercam interface much less UNIX-esque and more user friendly. You'll also find support here - 24-7.

Welcome to the Forum.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Sorry I could not help more. If you're having a tough time with something in particular, you can always put a sample up on the FTP (when Jay gets it straightened out) and there's probably at least a half dozen folks in here just chompin at the bit to tackel something.

Take care, and keep coming back.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You know, I forgot about those. But I'm not sure that they are for general comsumption, but perhaps I'm wrong and you're right. Definitely worth looking into.

Hello Techcim. The things that are different than cimatron. The gobal drawing and owrkings are the biggest thing the other guy that works with me had to change in his mind. There is alot of the same things in Cimatron that are in Mastercam. There is the Bounding Box, There is the Scallop Toopath for finishing, There is the Finish Parrell. I fully understand you frustration but if you got a sample part or soemthing like that maybe we can help you in a direction to get you going.

I will say this also all 5th axis tools paths are supported in 4th applications. Also there is a chook called rolldie that does a good job also. The get to the chooks just press alt-c and it will pull up chooks in the chook folder. If you would like an idea what each chook does they almost all have a word doc with thme explaining how they work.

If you look on the FTP I have a couple examples of basic 4th axis stuff. Onbe thing you will find out about 4th axis when using WCS or T-pland or C-plane as you axis control that pay close attentino to the direction of your x-axis this will make you get some crazy results and make you thin kyou are out of wack when you are really just backwards is all. I know for mwhat the guy I work with tells me. It doesnt matter how you look at the part the WCS is always the same where as in Mastercam if you have a bottom, left side, front side, right side or any view you create your programming or anything created in that is realtion for x,y,z from that view not from the top.

Well hang in there and if we can help just post up and we will help you any way you can.

Crazy Millman

thanks millman

I cannot access the FTP site. I do not have permission???

I will check again tommorrow (getting late)

its nice to see you have knowledge of Cimatron. smile.gif The functions you spoke of were in Cimatron first though. The wcs/t-plane/c-plane seem to be my biggest problem as of yet. Slowly I am learning the MasterCam ways. If you add the fact that half my time is spent in Solidworks it all gets a little confusing If by chance you or James could email me the pdf i would greatly appreciate it.

I am going to email you the WCs turtoiral and the Manager that is on the FTP. I can see where if you use Solidworks all day then Cimatron fell right into that same way of working. I have hard time going back to Solidworks and trying to do soemthing when I have not done something there in a while. I guess the best way I can put it is if you every done Autocad and how it is set-up for Drawing then you are in line with how you have to work in Mastercam. Well good luck and we are here to help any way we can.

Crazy Millman

[ 01-09-2004, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Nope we do rapid protoyping for just about any industry you can think of. We do Mastermodels out of Ren-Shape, Arcylic, Delrin, ABS, or Alum. We also do 2nd op machining on Rapid protoype castings, we do production machining and make molds out of Aluminum, Acrlyic, and Ren-Shape. We have 4 Fadals, 2 Haas SS, and Thermwood 5 axis. We also have 3 SLA machines and a SLS machine. We do RTV tooling as well a parts made from that process.

Crazy Millman