Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cobi

Jim Varco has an paid product, but worth every penny for what you get.

http://www.varcoconsulting.com/varco_consulting_008.htm

Yes his reports are outstanding, I used the trial version once.  Was trying to use his complimentary version but it is a huge PITA to use as the updated version now will not save any settings.

So you must purchase a seat to be able to really use it in any way.  But like you said it is worth it.

The Mill2 active report that comes with Mastercam is very good.

it has one major flaw though that keeps me from using it.

The SSM.xml file is screwed up on the operations.   it looks like it has been this way forever and is made that way by design.  I cannot believe it has been left this way.

I wish I knew how to fix it as it would make it a great setup sheet.

Here is an example of how it is not working for me.

I have files for some 5-axis parts...there are a bunch of them.

Each file has 3 tool groups.

Each tool group has its own unique NC name with it's ops.

so what happens when you use Mill2 for the setup?

I will assume everyone already knows how the report is laid out.

So after the program calls out the Mill2 (file),  it reports NCI name and cycle time for the NCI it is looking at and calls for mill2 operations and tools.

The tools are called second,  and report correctly according to the current NCI being reported on    Mill2 (Operations) is set up to give an op#,  Opname, min and max z, and cycle time.

The format is correct but instead of just reporting on the current NCI being evaluated like the tools, total cycle time and NCI name,  Mill2 (operations) grabs every freaking op in the whole file.

So since I have 3 NCI files in each MCX file with about 30 ops, the setup sheet has 3 sets of 30 ops.

This makes what would be for me the perfect setup sheet,  unusable.     As I already know how to change the way it looks, add different logos, stuff like that...it takes a software developer to actually edit it to make it work. Bad Form!!!

Stuff like this is very frustrating...had I known I would not be able to get it to work, I would have not invested the entire day in learning how to edit the active reports.

It sounded so simple on the webinar and the stuff he was doing was...

But in reality you need to know HTML backwards and forwards, how to use visual basic, probably some C++...know how to write scripts....you know..

A whole nuther profession....

Should have just paid Jim the 400 bucks....

/end rant/