Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017 Toolpath Gallery

Hello Everyone,

Just getting started with 2017 and I find it strange that my old standby toolpaths are not included in the 3D Toolpath Gallery...

Surface Finish Contour

Surface Finish Shallow

I note that I can access these toolpaths via a right-click in the Toolpath Manager but I question why they are not in the "gallery" and also it seems that most of the galleries can be customized but not the Toolpaths Gallery...  Have I missed something?  

• Like 1

Wow they got rid of all the legacy tool paths???

This would never let me allow X9 to be deleted..... Those tool paths are easier to make work, faster to calculate, work completely different, are far more flexible, use less processing and video power power and can get you cutting fast.   I mean, those 2 tool paths alone are so valuable in manufacturing I can't believe someone would be dumb enough to remove them.

They have to be hidden somewhere.

This would never let me allow X9 to be deleted..... Those tool paths are easier to make work, faster to calculate, work completely differently, are far more flexible, use less processing and video power power and can get you cutting fast.   I mean, those 2 tool paths alone are so valuable in manufacturing I can believe someone would be dumb enough to remove them.

Yes, they are still there.  In the Toolpaths Manager, a Right-Click will get you to the legacy toolpaths.

Yes you can add them to the toolbar or right click in the operations manager and select mill toolpaths, they should all be there

How can I add them to the toolbar (or "gallery" as it's now called, if I am not mistaken)?  

File >> Options >> Customize Ribbon >> Then I switch the pulldown under "Customize The Ribbon" from "Main Tabs" to "All Tabs" andd then I can see "Mill" "Toolpaths" 2D, 3D, Multi-Axis, Utilities....  

Then I turn my attention to the left side of the window...

Switch the pulldown to "Mill Toolpaths"

Now I can see all of the milling toolpaths...

EXCEPT THE ONES THAT ARE MISSING!!!!!!!!!

Anybody know where to find Surface Finish Contour and Surface Finish Shallow icons?

This would never let me allow X9 to be deleted..... Those tool paths are easier to make work, faster to calculate, work completely differently, are far more flexible, use less processing and video power power and can get you cutting fast.   I mean, those 2 tool paths alone are so valuable in manufacturing I can believe someone would be dumb enough to remove them.

you can access them via the right click menu in the ToolPath Manager

Yes, they are still there.  In the Toolpaths Manager, a Right-Click will get you to the legacy toolpaths.

How can I add them to the toolbar (or "gallery" as it's now called, if I am not mistaken)?  

File >> Options >> Customize Ribbon >> Then I switch the pulldown under "Customize The Ribbon" from "Main Tabs" to "All Tabs" andd then I can see "Mill" "Toolpaths" 2D, 3D, Multi-Axis, Utilities....  

Then I turn my attention to the left side of the window...

Switch the pulldown to "Mill Toolpaths"

Now I can see all of the milling toolpaths...

EXCEPT THE ONES THAT ARE MISSING!!!!!!!!!

Anybody know where to find Surface Finish Contour and Surface Finish Shallow icons?

see attached screen shot

post-162-0-05931500-1469106289_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

see attached screen shot

Thanks G-code!

So it seems that there are some toolpaths that do not show up in "milling toolpaths" pulldown and are only visible under "Commands not in the ribbon" or "All Commands"

Also confusing is the name of some of these toolpaths - "Create One Surface Finish Shallow Toolpath" made me think I would only be allowed a single drive surface but it seems to work just like the old "Surface Finish Shallow"

Really loving MC 2017 so far - just needs a few tweaks, I guess

Thanks G-code!

So it seems that there are some toolpaths that do not show up in "milling toolpaths" pulldown and are only visible under "Commands not in the ribbon" or "All Commands"

Also confusing is the name of some of these toolpaths - "Create One Surface Finish Shallow Toolpath" made me think I would only be allowed a single drive surface but it seems to work just like the old "Surface Finish Shallow"

Really loving MC 2017 so far - just needs a few tweaks, I guess

It can be really frustrating when you first fire it up cause you can't find anything

and it's not like you're used to.

Once you get it dialed in though it's real sweet

best release yet IMO

I HATE going back to X9 now

• Like 3