Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Morph surfaces

So not a Guru

On your Linking I would use lead-in/lead out with vertical tangential arc and about 75% for the arc diameter / tool diameter. I would use the same setting on the Links between passes for small are large passes.

FYI you can use extend /Trim and get the tool to travel off the surface and not step at the edge like it is doing also. Think of it as the smooth setting in the old school surface toolpaths.

One last thing nice use of the toolpath. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by 5th Axis Consulting Group
  • Like 2

Okay looked at it again are you talking about where it is cutting into the radius on each side? If so go to the collision page and use the 2nd one. The 1st one should be set to Flute, Trim and Relink Toolpath/ Trim Collision only and Drive Surface checked. Then on the 2nd one you use the flute, trim and relink toolpath/ trim collision only and check surfaces and pick those radius. Done use the drive surface only check the check surface and put a value you want in there and good to go. You would think that it would cut great, but the natural shape of the part makes it hard to use that toolpath to do what you are after. With using .000 for my check surface I get it close, but not perfect.

Okay looked at it again are you talking about where it is cutting into the radius on each side? If so go to the collision page and use the 2nd one. The 1st one should be set to Flute, Trim and Relink Toolpath/ Trim Collision only and Drive Surface checked. Then on the 2nd one you use the flute, trim and relink toolpath/ trim collision only and check surfaces and pick those radius. Done use the drive surface only check the check surface and put a value you want in there and good to go. You would think that it would cut great, but the natural shape of the part makes it hard to use that toolpath to do what you are after. With using .000 for my check surface I get it close, but not perfect.

Awesome! This is the 1st time I've used the collision page on this path.

Thanks Ron

Awesome! This is the 1st time I've used the collision page on this path.

Thanks Ron

That page is what makes these toolpaths awesome. I wish the old school 5 Axis toolpaths would get this added to them. There are times I can get it done to my exact liking better with them then the Molduleworks 5 Axis toolpaths.

Learn the linking stuff again very powerful, but takes time to learn the over 100 different ways to get the tool in a out of the cut.

I just used the Morph Between 2 curves to sneak under an lip into a 45 degree pocket. Nice toolpath expect for the holder and tool crashing into the part in a dozen places. I back plotted the toolpath and saved the geometry. I then used toolpath editor to see the offending points and deleted them. Operation gets locked and any changes mean redoing all the work, but short of really old schooling it where I take a 3D toolpath and make geometry I can save to a level to use Curve 5 Axis and then tilt lines to control the tool it got me what I wanted for motion.