Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe C axis cross drilling issues

Greg_J

Good Day,

When I post C axis cross drill I get values radially and I need them for diameter, does anyone know how to change that?

I've tried changing my planes from cross upper left to D+Z+ it keeps posting the same way.

The numbers that I input into the fields are radial, should they be from the diameter? If I change them to diameter the tool is way off the part in the air but the program is correct if I post.

Also,

I have an option for long hand drilling cycles but it doesn't seem to work with my live tooling but it works on my main spindle any ideas why?

TIA,

Greg

The machine is a Doosan Puma 2600LM 0iTD

I don't see any obvious switches in the post.

I would like to use can cycles instead of long hand but they don't seem to be setup correctly.

The program had a G81 and I got an error, I went into the Fanuc convsational and created a drill cycle that used G1111 but I can't be certain it's for live tooling.

All I know is Haas take it as you will.

With the Haas the g81 wants to turn on the main spindle. So drilling with it is a nono for live tooling. I called Haas and they said there was no canned cycles for drilling with live tooling... yet. And it wouldn't be available for my old machine. If you are drilling radially, then G1111 might be an appropriate g code to do that command but it will need to be reasigned in the milling portion of your post to recognize the difference between lathe drilling and "mill drilling"

The same thing happens with tapping

tapping with main spindle G84

tapping with live tool G95

radial tapping with live tool G195