Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Model Prep, 2017 help

Thee Rickster ™

No, not mill/turn... but 3D surfacing, 3+2 and full 5-axis work... small auto-industry, prototype and medical industry all the way through 80,000 lb. castings for the energy industry... some files as big as 600gig+... so yeah.

Maybe I misspoke. I'm certain there are higher-end programmers than myself, doing far tougher work... but I love stock model... sometimes I have as many as 10-12 stock model's in one file... and it has worked nearly flawless for me.

i don't use as often, but so far, no complaints.

So you folks are just starting to use model Prep and just figured out that there is no undo. it has been promoted that it does not support undo's sense X8 when came out.
So not trying come across like an xxxx but it has sad many of times does not support undo.
I use it a lot really like it. yes the option for undo would be nice but I have figured out using how to remove most features I do if I don't like them. The more you use the more you will like it.

Well back to working. Have fun.

So you folks are just starting to use model Prep and just figured out that there is no undo. it has been promoted that it does not support undo's sense X8 when came out.

So not trying come across like an xxxx but it has sad many of times does not support undo.

I use it a lot really like it. yes the option for undo would be nice but I have figured out using how to remove most features I do if I don't like them. The more you use the more you will like it.

Well back to working. Have fun.

Jay, i went from X7, no model prep, to 2017.

just getting the 'hang of it', as i do all my designs complete in SpaceClaim

• Like 1

Just got another Rev change on part all programmed. 2 Holes needed to be moved .500. I had put bosses on them to use for tooling posts for flipping the part. I used the move function and moved the holes and tool bosses. My toolpaths went dirty. I regenerated my toolpaths and 2 minutes later I am back in business. 

• Like 3

Ron that is great for one offs or production parts.

(I love easy fixes like the ones you describe) ;)

but i have to keep my mold designs 'up to date' in which ever software

i create them in.

i get complex engineering changes that are not just to move a hole/s.

most often my changes affect all the mold component or cause a total

recut of a mold component

i will let my CNC shop know when they finally move from X7

• Like 1