Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MT Licensing getting hung up - Nethasp

We run a Nethasp here and have an MT license along with several Mill and Lathe seats......

Is anyone else running MT having issues with the license getting hung up often?

I ran the past 2 weeks doing a job in MT and I would have the license get hung while I was running, several mornings the license was not available.....and it's only happening with MT, the rest of our licensing is fine and we don't have disconnect issues...

But the MT license continually hangs and the service has to be stopped and started to free the license....

This leads me to believe it's more something with Codemeter than the Nethasp itself..

IT here is wondering if getting everything onto a Virtual server is possible....

I had trouble getting the nethasp to be recognized by the virtual server, I ended up installing it on a random workstation that was on 24/7 that I knew I could count on (my own workstation, heheh). Doesn't mean it wont work though, I was just the CNC programmer / IT hack guy.

The best fix I could find was to create individual shortcuts for each user.

I added  - /noT                 : Act as if Mill-Turn is not licensed

to each person who does not need mill-turn. Although if you have 2 users this method will not work

we also trimmed down the nethasp.ini file and added a timeout to the bottom. The NETHASP is better now but still gets unhappy from time to time.

;
; HASP4 Net configuration
;

; File automatically created by Aladdin DiagnostiX ;     Customized mode

; Created: 2012-03-21T10:15:11

[NH_COMMON]

NH_TCPIP = Enabled
NH_IPX = Disabled

[NH_TCPIP]
;
; Section specific keywords for the TCP/IP protocol

; IP Adresses of all the HASP4 Net License managers you want to search.
NH_SERVER_ADDR = 192.168.1.6        ;; Change the IP address to that of the NetHASP server system.
NH_USE_BROADCAST = Disabled

; Timeout - Lengthen the time (in seconds) Mastercam waits to get a response from the NetHASP

NH_SESSION = 3            
NH_SEND_RCV = 3  

Thanks Greg....

Everyone already has individual icons that are switched to the product they're going to need..

so that's not been an issue at all...

My thing is the MT license just disconnects.....you can't pull it....no one can.....

Not until the nhasp.exe is stopped and started....only then does the license release....

The one that blew my mind the other day, I hit G1 to launch the IOF file and the system barked no MT license availabe and locked me out of the machine group....so I shut down and restarted Mastercam, launched MT......License not available or expirded...

IT restarted the license server and license released back....

and it's only the MT license...no other product gives us any issue

On V7 I kept loosing the lathe side. It was random, but IT showed it was always going to one computer in the engineering dept. That computer did not have MC installed. Never did find the problem.

i've seen that before. it points to a DNS issue. have the IT department check for stale DHCP and DNS records and check the configuration of each to assure they're working correctly together.