Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machine sim crashes on multiple toolpaths, but not on single path

lowcountrycamo

Post Haas 5axis trunnion.  Using the machine sim 5_5AXGEN_VMCTTAB which is most similar to our machine. When I run all the toolpaths together, which consists of multiple tools, the spindle hits the part at the start and end of some of the paths.  But not all.   But when I run them separately, they run exactly as they should.  Almost like it is changing tools down at the part, instead of up where it should.  I have set Rectract in Linking that is well above the part.  Altering the Home/Approach/Retract Reference Positions seem to have not effect.  I have seen this over multiple programs, so it is not exclusive to a single program. 

***So to be clear:

Head starts low in the part,

Head then rises to start position,

Machines as it should,

Head rises to retract position,

Head then falls down to part again.

***When running a single path

Head starts at start position,

Machines as it should,

Head rises to retract position.

Sorry but this is a known issue. Have to do some magic with the operations to not get crashes in Machine sim. Again where NC Code is the best way and not NCI emulation. Multi-Axis Linking or Ref points that are off in space for operations. Just need to remember to remove them when you go to post the code.

Yes.  Just indexing in 5 axis.  No real 5axis moves.  Could that be a cause?

Forgot to add that my gcode is just as it should be.  No problems there.

Yep, its hit and miss, sometimes a certain combo of different tool paths can get it to work.

Multi-axis link is a nice work around as ron said.