Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how does the default misc values work, I am lost

When I set misc values at at "edit common parameters", it seems they are always reset to 0 when opening.  When I try to edit them in the control file, they sometimes have no effect.  How does this work?  And then there is the choice "Initialize toolpath operation: from post text settings, or from default operations.  If there is a pdf that explains this I would love to read it.  Thank you.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

This is explained in the Post Documentation PDF. You need to request a copy through your local Mastercam Reseller.

The Strings and Defaut Values (Integers and Real values), are stored as Text Strings at the bottom of your Post Processor. There is a section for entering the text string descriptions,  inside the Control Definition, and another page in the CD Tree that lets you set the Default numeric values. Changing these settings in the CD will not change the values in existing operations that have already been created. For those, you'll need to use 'Edit Common Parameters' to set new values. 

The reason it seems they "don't take" is because you must force a Regeneration for the Misc Values to actually be written to the Operations. It can be confusing because the Ops don't get marked dirty, so it seems like you shouldn't have to regenerate, but you do.

The "use Post Settings" option with just read and use the Default numeric values for the Misc Integers and Real values that are stored at the bottom of the Post Processor as Text Strings.

The formatting for how the Text Strings are stored is changing. The new format (XML I think) also allows you to store bitmap images to customize the Custom Drill Cycle dialogs.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2