Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam code editor, convert tabs to spaces

I use Notepad++ which is excellent, but Code Editor is just superior for post editing with its syntax highlighting and ability to list blocks and pre-defined vars

Tomorrow I'll send you a Notepad++ user defined language file for Sinumerik840d

It does all the highlighting you mention, colors... Not that you need to use but it's nice to see Notepad++ doing specific things from NC Programming world...

If you like it you can make a copy and change it to another G code flavor...

Sounds like an enhancement request. :scooter: :scooter:

That it does :)

Tomorrow I'll send you a Notepad++ user defined language file for Sinumerik840d

It does all the highlighting you mention, colors... Not that you need to use but it's nice to see Notepad++ doing specific things from NC Programming world...

If you like it you can make a copy and change it to another G code flavor...

Thanks, that would be nice! Is it publicly available or did you do the definition youself? Does Notepad++ have a "pseudo-intellisense" feature too, like the Code Expert? I just recently realized how useful this feature is, especially to someone who hasn't been doing post stuff a lot.

It seems that the Intellisense feature of Code Expert has quickly become a two-edged sword as far as usability is concerned. It is too intrusive! I cannot write code like I would in Visual Studio because it is too keen on replacing my words all the time. I would love it if I could activate it ONLY with Control+Space. Also, when typing for example e$ or n$, they become e$$ and n$$.

As long as there is no MP post database for Notepad++'s Intellisense, I prefer Code Expert.

• 1 month later...