Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Save button/command issue

BenzB

When I hit the "save" button in the quick access menu it has a tendency to behave  more like a "save as" command (asking me if I want to over wright the original) even though I am currently working on this file. This behavior seems odd to me as it should just save without asking me any thing else. At first I thought I was hitting the wrong button so I removed the "save as" button. Any body else see this issue?

Try  this experiment

Launch a fresh file and Save with  any name

now Merge a Mastercam file or a step file or any other kind of file

Hit Save... you will get the Save As file menu.

I don't much care for this behavior, but once you know to expect it, its no big deal

Once you've merged a file MC isn't sure what filename to use, so it asks

I don't know if this is Windows compliant behavior, working as designed by MC or a bug?

I don't care for it and would prefer the file retain it's original name after a merge, but once you understand what's going on,

it's not a big deal.