Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bridgeport Servo retro-fit problem

Stephen

The win95 is not a problem ,tne comp must be relativly strong .

I would say that pentium S100 and win95 16 ram Mastercam9 and an old pci 1mb graphic card I saw

such configuration once (you will be able to make very basic things like simple pockets and contour)

PII200 pci card sorta Riva2 16 and 128 ram a staring point for MC .

PIII-800 256 ram with Geforse 2 mx400 Agp is ideal for an old computer

I dont know if Radio Shack would or not, they might but I doubt it.

I'm not sure what kind of computer stores you have up there in Oregon, but I always get everything I need here in Texas from Fry's electronics when I have to have it like "right now".

You can order anything you want on the internet though, and it will be cheaper.

Here are a couple of good links.

Amazon

Newegg

Fry's Electronics

HTH

Murlin

You don`t need Mastercam on old PC.

Install win 95 on old pc ,put PCI network card ,install drivers ,put Netbeui protocol if you don`t know how to configure TCP-IP protocol ,make one folder shared on your old pc and that`s all to sent files from new comp to old and vice versa.

quote:

NetBEUI

NetBIOS Extended User Interface (NetBEUI) is suited for use in small workgroups or LANs. You can install a NetBIOS gateway and the NetBEUI client protocol on all remote access servers running Windows 2000 and most Windows networking clients. Previous Windows NT remote access clients, LAN Manager remote access clients, MS-DOS remote access clients, and Windows for Workgroups remote access clients may use NetBEUI. NetBEUI is not routable, and the only configuration required for the protocol is a computer name.

Netbeui is a protocol for dummies