Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mpmaster for Okuma MB4000 (OSP-P300M)?

MechMonk

So it looks like we are getting a new Okuma MB-4000H with the OSP-P300M control (possibly P300MA). We're using Mcam2017 multi-axis. Will the 2017 mpmaster post (or X9 mpmaster) be enough to get me going?

The immediate plan for this machine is milling two different aluminum castings. No tombstones right now just access to multiple sides of a single casting or casting assembly. This will be our first horizontal and first Okuma product so much of this will be new to me. I've done some programing for a Haas VF3 with a full 4th and a trunion that I built for it. It's all been programed to center of rotation using the X9 mapmaster post. Rotate to angle, mill features, rotate to next angle, etc. I don't see doing anything more fancy than that for our present application.

For the immediate future this will be small lot numbers. Even at max production we're probably only talking about 500 units a year. That being said I can eventually see this machine doing some of our other parts besides these castings. At that point it would be tombstone work.

I'm no post guru and have only done very minor edits to the posts I use so detailed customizing of a generic post is not something I'll be doing myself.

What advantages would an actual MB4000 post give me? We're supposed to be getting fixture tracking on the controller if that makes a difference to the post processor.

I appreciate any help or info you're willing to share. Let me know if I need to fill in more details.

MPMaster is a Fanuc based post processor. While it could be modified to Okuma format, a better option would be to talk to your reseller. CNC Software have a dialled P300M post for MA/MB machines. Another option is to talk to your reseller about the MpMaster Okuma post. I believe that can only be requested through your reseller.

Another option, (again, through your reseller) is a Postability Post.

• Like 1

CNC is handling posts a little differently in MC2018

The default install does not install any posts , there is a stand alone post download available.

It contains over 100 different CNC machines , including a half dozen different Okuma mill posts

I don't see one for the OSP3000M, but there is an OSP2000M which should be very close

12 minutes ago, MechMonk said:

Talked to my reseller and they set me up with the post for a MB4000.

Thanks for steering me to the right place.

If a post is beyond an individual, the reseller is always the place the start.

Glad you got it fgiured out

:thumbsup:

Edited by Guest