Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify interaction for X

Thanks for asking smile.gif

1. Yes

2. Solid Tool , Turbo, Quality settings

3. Recognize more tools in Turbo. Example: undercut tools. Better yet recognize all the tools that solid tool recognizes. Faster and better. I would like to see the quality as good as when version 9 first came out and I would like to see it faster. Sometimes surface tool paths takes a long time to run, and even on the highest quality the resolution is not great. Sometimes it is hard to tell what is scallop heighth or resolution.

Stephen.

+1

quote:

I would like it, when I use an STL as the stock that I don't have to go back every time and reset it to File while in the same session.

+1

quote:

Have a side window open for when you are verifing using NC code. That way you could see in the code where the "red" mark is and then you could BACKSTEP thru the code just to make sure exactly what is going on.

+4

quote:

...simulate peck drilling and thread forms in tapping. Not essential, but ...

or something to show a hole was tapped

+5

quote:

rotation of the part rather than the tool in rotary toolpaths, tombstones,

Turbo with multiple WCS.

Be able to define solid stock on a layer.

Display Tool number, List numbers, WCS[name] or [number and origin], similar to Display Options in OM while running verify. Sometimes it is hard to track down what operation is causing a problem.

Show toolpath and rapid moves wire frame (backplot), options for refresh, at tool change, show only rapids, show last ten moves or so many inches?

John

Thanks everyone, that is some good input. I have a couple of responses to some of the requests that are technically not possible.

"Backstep!!!! "

This would have to be provided by MachineWorks. It would be cool, but difficult when you consider that a backstep would add material.

"True solids in multi axis

How about just incorporating this into the VX package?? "

As some already mentioned this is available at an additional cost. Our hands are tied on this one.

"Support for more tool shapes in Turbo"

What makes Turbo really turbo is that is has 2 rules. Everything must be done in the top view and only Bull, Ball, and Flat tools are supported. With those rules it enables MachineWorks to really crank through the code to come up with a solution quickly. The work-around for this is to use Solid Tool and then hit the Fast-forward button, this lets MachineWorks crank through the calculations without having to do the math for display of the solid. It saves significant time.

"An NOS tank for Turbo"

Hmmm, now that's a cool idea. But since we aren't a hardware company we'll have to leave that one to the after market guys.

As for the rest of the suggestions... They are good and i'll see what we can do.

As always, thanks for the good input...

Ken the PMGuy