Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut Graphics Lagging

Frank Caudillo

Hey guys,

I'm having some lagging issues in Vericut when dynamically rotating the models around for different views and such. It runs fine during actual simulation, but it doesn't move around smoothly, especially when I'm trying to zoom in. I'm not running machine sim, just regular verification. I looked up some solutions and one was just downloading the current drivers from Nvidia (graphics card is a Quadro K2000), but before doing that I was wondering if there were some simple settings I'm not aware of, or if we just need to update the card. Our workstations are about 2.5 years old with Intel Xeon E5 3.5GHz processors, 16GB ram, on Windows 7 Pro. 

It lags before I start running the simulation. With my fixture STLs visible there is quite a bit of lag, but when I turn off their visibility and only show the cut stock, it moves around smoothly. In this case, my fixture STL is a horizontal tomb with vises on two faces. With simpler fixture STLs there is little to no lag at all. 

20 minutes ago, David Colin said:

It looks like your fixture models are causing the issue. Maybe they are very detailed and you could try to recreate stl files with a higher tolerance.

BTW, did you activate OpenGL acceleration (on RMB menu)? With V8.0 I noticed it sometimes unselects itself.

This could very well be the case. I'm also working with multiple pieces of cut stock so that could be slowing it down as well. 

Also... just looked at the OpenGL accel and it was checked off. Activated it and voila! Everything moves smoothly. Thanks!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, JParis said:

Might well be an underpowered video card...

As complexity increases, so does the computing power needed by the GPU

VERICUT doesn´t care much about high-end graphic cards... It uses Z-Buffer technique to perform pixel representation... It often plays better with cheap graphic cards since higher end ones don´t put as much effort in solving low complexity data as they put in high end graphics... Weird but true...

OpenGL Turned on in VERICUT makes the graphical details much coarser (though configurable to a certain level) and therefore it speeds up the view graphics.

Jm2C

• Like 3