Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiaxes tool paths, and Workshifts

RonC.

Sight unseen, I am guessing you're missing nothing....

Mastercam Verify & backplot don't show rapid moves on a rotary to a different position well at all....

This might be one to post the code and look at it....

This is where Vericut can save your bacon and your time and a bit of sanity as well

You can, as I sometimes do, place a VERY large value in Clearance 30+ inches and see if it still happens

Edited by Guest

If you are using a surface as your tool axis control parameter, check the normality of that surface. That will flip everything upside down if the normality arrow points away from the tool. 

Same thing if you are using vector lines as your tool axis control geometry.  The arrows should point toward the tool instead of away from it when you select the vector lines.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What I have done exactly was had a high speed finish surfacing rotine (waterline)

but ran out of reach with standard tool so I converted it to 5x toolpath with a 10 degree

tilt to get my reach with standard tool... but as i stated the 5x converted toolpath seems to be uoside down

to the toolpath current workshift...

6 minutes ago, Jim at Gentex said:

If you are using a surface as your tool axis control parameter, check the normality of that surface. That will flip everything upside down if the normality arrow points away from the tool. 

Same thing if you are using vector lines as your tool axis control geometry.  The arrows should point toward the tool instead of away from it when you select the vector lines.  :thumbsup:

What I have done exactly was had a high speed finish surfacing rotine (waterline)

but ran out of reach with standard tool so I converted it to 5x toolpath with a 10 degree

tilt to get my reach with standard tool... but as i stated the 5x converted toolpath seems to be uoside down

to the toolpath current workshift...

Hmmmmm...ok.

The 'Convert-to-5-Axis' toolpath also has some control parameters you may be overlooking.  I have used that quite a bit and found that if everything isn't set just right it gets a bit weird. Sometimes parameters in the original toolpath will conflict with those in the  'Convert-to-5-Axis' toolpath and give unwanted results.

In the  'Convert-to-5-Axis' parameters go to 'Parameters' >'Additional Settings'>'Planes'

If your WCS is not set to 'TOP', try changing that then regen the toolpath and see if that changes the output. (That's the most common problem I have experienced.)

edit:

Also, be aware that the older versions of 'Convert-to-5-Axis' (pre X9) were always a bit hinky to begin with.  From around X8 or X9 forward they have gotten a bit better.  If you are using X6 you may encounter some of the older issues that were improved upon in later versions. ;)

Hmmmmm...ok.

The 'Convert-to-5-Axis' toolpath also has some control parameters you may be overlooking.  I have used that quite a bit and found that if everything isn't set just right it gets a bit weird. Sometimes parameters in the original toolpath will conflict with those in the  'Convert-to-5-Axis' toolpath and give unwanted results.

In the  'Convert-to-5-Axis' parameters go to 'Parameters' >'Additional Settings'>'Planes'

If your WCS is not set to 'TOP', try changing that then regen the toolpath and see if that changes the output. (That's the most common problem I have experienced.)

edit:

Also, be aware that the older versions of 'Convert-to-5-Axis' (pre X9) were always a bit hinky to begin with.  From around X8 or X9 forward they have gotten a bit better.  If you are using X6 you may encounter some of the older issues that were improved upon in later versions. ;)

yeah I tried that , and no matter what the workshift it posts upside down..

I'll have to find a different way to get it done.. thanx for your efforts

Ron

I thought in the older versions you had to program from top WCS for 5 axis paths.  I could be wrong though since I never tried any other way.

I don't think so Ben , I've create a mutlisurface 5x toolpath on a bottom view workshift and was able to cut my surfaces..

now I in the middle of creating a toolpath to cut smaller radius around the part..

now with that said I'm not sure about the rest of the 5x toolpaths having to come from top view...

Ron