Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Internal subs in an external sub call (M198)

huskermcdoogle

Anyone know if you can use M98 Q(n address) inside of an M198?  Looking to simplify and streamline my subs, unfortunately most of my programs are too big for main memory, and I would like to use subs to simplify changing coordinates so I don't have to scroll through the program to make edits or check what coordinates a program was set for.  Also, its nice to have everything in the data server so that you can organize everything by folder easily.

If you're running a FANUC, Make sure you have Parameter #6005.0 = 1.

M98/M198 P... Q...

On a 30i and 0i-F Series you can actually call subs by name and not O number.

For example, in my folder I have the following Programs; in my control/Dataserver

TEST_MAIN

TEST_SUB_1

TEST_SUB_2

TEST_SUB_3

%

<TEST_MAIN>

N1M98<TEST_SUB_1>Q101 (WILL JUMP TO LINE 101 in SUB)

N2M98<TEST_SUB_2>Q201 (WILL JUMP TO LINE 201 in SUB)

N3M98<TEST_SUB_3>Q301 (WILL JUMP TO LINE 301 in SUB)

M01

M30

%

Now I do call subs in the data server by file name already but I hadn't thought about the line address aspect of it.....  Now this opens up a can of potentially useful worms.  I wonder if I can set up my post to output everything using a main call then one sub file with all tools but broken up with address numbers at each tool change and m99's before the next tools starts.  Sounding very doable, and useful for breaking things up so you can restart easily from a given tool or operation.

HMMMMMMMMMM  I DIDN'T NEED THIS DISTRACTION TODAY :rant: :whistle:

But thanks for reminding me of this feature that didn't register its usefulness into brain upon reading about it many moons ago...  Thanks Fanuc for having such clear manuals...