Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hardinge Taper angle

You have the adapter it is going in correct? Measure the angle on it. Basic process. Set you indicator to pick up a point. Then move in a distance. Maybe .500 or 1.000 depending on how much travel you have on your indicator. Then trig out the difference and you have your angle. I assume you have another collet and this is not your 1st time using a collet? Can you get a smaller size and just bore or machine it to the size/shape you need? If you worry about doing what you need then send it out for EDM. Just need ot send along your collet adapter so they can put some squeeze on it to have it at the compressed size. Best way is to make the 3 holes for pins so you can clamp down on the pins to make it perfect, but in a pinch I have just done it in a Wire EDM compressed about where I think I need the size or place of my collet to be.

Yes to all. I have the thing all modelled up. And I measured the angle on our comparator, so I think I am pretty close. Our lathe supervisor is going to use the trig method at the end of the current job (and rightly so as this was his request). Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had ever seen a spec sheet.

Unfortunately no time to send anything out.

Nothing like getting data three different ways and coming up with the same answer to give me the nice warm fuzzy feeling!

• Like 1