Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas center of rotation parameters

We want to program our UMC-750s to the center of rotation & we want to be able to run programs in either of the 2 machines we have on the floor. I generally import a manual entry that assigns the G54 values with the known parameters of the machine (#5221=xx, #5222=yy, #5223=zz), but in this case we have two machines with, of course, different XY & Z values.

So, I figured I'd just pass the machines values thru: #5221=#xxx. The trouble is that the rep from Haas has given me 2 different parameters for the center of rotation (X=#255 & X=#10121), but neither is correct.

So, I thought I'd ask here if anyone knows what the center of rotation parameters are for a Haas UMC-750. 

you can find  X , Y ,B ,C , on your own with an indicator. so every machine is a little different because of machining the casting  so  if you really want  Z , you will have to have haas come out there with the key and unlock the trunnion and probe the table 90 degrees right and with the haas key 90 degrees left then divide by 2 that will give you the Z value you are looking for.

and there you have it.

Edited by greenxman
forgot math