Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

feed rate parameters for arcs

Roboter

HI,

I want to change the feed rate at the arcs. For eg- my part is a sqaure block and mastercam creates a curves path along the edges. I read about the Machine Definition Manager and tried to implement it by changing the General Machine Parameters. After changing the machine Dynamics Parameters several times there is still no change in the feed rate at arcs. Is there any specific formula or some calculations that I need to perform to insert the values for ''Slow to min. cornereing feed when the direction changes'', '' min cornering feed rate'', ''cornering acceleration''. I saw a few Videos and tried  few values  after calculating from what i understood but its of no use. Also i tried the high feed rate Option and it hasn't helped as well.

I am new to mastercam therefore I am not acquainted with most of the Features. Please excuse if my doubts seems silly.

Hi Roboter, Welcome to the forums. there have been various options in the past to accomplish this but the latest enhancement to 2018 is the best for this in my opinion. I would suggest getting Mastercam 2018 if you have not already downloaded it and then you can take advantage of this new arc feed rate adjustment enhancement.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTk_HDnbgQQ

• Like 1

HI thank you for your Response. I would ask my Company to download the latest Version but i a not sure whether do would be willing to do it or no. But that would take some time. In the meanwhile i tried using control comp but that does not seem to help as well. My ony Task is to reduce the feed at the curved paths or arcs. I do not intend to achieve any specific Speed or accuracy. After reading some old Posts and watching some vidoes i think making changes in machine Dynamics would solve my Problem. Does any one know how to calculate the Parameters of Machine dynamics or what do they depend upon?  I am using 5 axis toolpath. Does the machine Dynamics Option work on 5 axis toolpath?

Edited by Roboter
wanted to imporve description

Hello newbeeee,

yes it is driven by the Sinumerik you are right but that is not my real concern. Eventhough i would look into the lookahead function. My Problem is that i cannot simulate the prcoess in mastercam itself. That means if i try to Change the Parameters of either high feed machining or machine Dynamics it still does not Change the feed rate at the arcs when i simulate the process. I fail to understand if i am calculating something wrong or there is something that i need to select before making These changes. I have already checked the ''Adjust feedrate on arcs'' optioon in Machine Definition Manager. 

Matercam verify will show you your toolpath - the geometry with the programmed feed rate.

However, for your real world application where you need to slow on the corner, I would look at the Siemens high speed lookahead function and then let that (the machine controller) internally adjust the federate reducing it as necessary.

We only have Fanuc (VMC's) here, and exclusively use their lookahead/High Speed function (G05.1).

We may program at X, and the machine controller automatically reduces the feed to keep contour accuracy.

I think this option maybe your better solution.

However, if your machine does not have any of this, then yes, you'll have to reduce the feeds within your program.

I've never experimented with the Mastercam function.