Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello,

I am new to the forums and was wondering who all has experience with machining soft carbide?  Unlike steel and other metals, carbide is very unique in the way it must be machined.  You have to bend the rules of MasterCam in order to generate effective toolpaths/cuts.  Curious if any others in the community also machine carbide preforms.

Thanks

Post hidden...

If your point of posting is only to advertise, you will find that advertising should be purchased from the hosts of this site,

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, JParis said:

Post hidden...

If your point of posting is only to advertise, you will find that advertising should be purchased from the hosts of this site,

My apologies if it appeared that way.  I've had no luck searching the forums in regards to machining soft carbide using MasterCam.  I was hoping to learn some tips and tricks regarding the manipulation of toolpaths or perhaps assigning soft carbide as my material to drive speeds and feeds and such.  I'm new to the forums and moderately new to Mastercam.

There's a company near me who makes and machines their own green carbide mix.

They use diamond tools. As in a shaft coated in diamond. 

We grind carbide and carbide coating with a diamond wheel on the grinder

They also change ball screws often

• Like 2