Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Graphics flipping to top view

JG

Hi All,

I'm working on a model that has alot of positional rotations (4th axis) to pocket and drill features around the part, I have been copying operation, then updating the chained geometry and tplane/cplane, when I do this the graphics view flips to the top view exactly when I go to re-chain the geometry, and sometimes after this happens if I try to rotate I get a parasolid error.

please,please,please tell me I'm not alone on this one.

thanks

V9.1 sp? (how do I check the sp level)

Why are you not going to your different views from one part only for your 4th axis verse the way you are doing it now. Then when you post out the ocde it will automaticcally post out all the index more for you. Maybe I am understand you worng but I take it that you have several copies of one model to do the 4th axis verse only one.

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Alos if it is the same operation why not do a transform rotate and that will ouput all the index moves and you would only need 2 operation to say do 40 things if you have 40 index moves of the same operation.

I'm probably not being clear, there is only one model, I have created approx 20 or so unique cplane/tplane(s) to output the B axis (Horz machine), I'm copying the toolpath(s) (drill and contour for example) because the parameters do not change (rapid height, depth, lead in/ lead out, tool,speed, feed) the only thing that does change is the chained geometry and the point/arc location, and the cplane/tplane.

the angular difference is not evenly spaced and the pocket shape changes.

thanks for the reply,

Roger he is not using the WCS.

What happens is he is to T/C Plans and when he goes it want to revert back to top being the main path and plan.

This why I use the WCS for this and then like you are doing just go back and togle the WCS to the Paln in the T/C plans button and there you go you programmed the hole part from top.

Hope this make sense.

I understand that he is changing t/c planes to output rotary positional moves but anytime you have that(update graphics view when changing WCS) checkbox checked and your in a dynamic rotation and you go into your parameters of a toolpath my view rotates to top. Regardless of what my wcs is set to or if I have never changed it.

HTH