Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Icremental Contour Help

ujmujm

I have a slot with a floor that has a roller coaster type topography to it when viewed from the right side, I'm trying to chain a contour using that  geometry, there is a .400 radius that is part of the geometry, I'm using a .031 ball end mill and it won't follow the .400 radius, the tool starts at the first end point and proceeds to the second end point in a straight line instead of following any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The new arcs help but its cutting the arc in line segments and the radius is only .130 long so it cuts it in two line segments is there a way to tighten up that tolerance so it uses multiple line segments instead of two or even better swing a radius instead of line segments?

24 minutes ago, ujmujm said:

Here's  a jpeg of my verify surface the corner radii does not look good or the surface finish on side walls

Capture1.JPG

Your part cuts looks excatly like that? You are not looking at the verify and calling that the gopshel are you? What is your filter tolerance? Might kick it down to .00005 and try .00005 on the max depth variance. 

I have to agree with JP might need a sample file so we can see what you are seeing. I just finished a over 400 operation part with about 30 million lines of code. I have 3D countours and 5 Axis and bunch of other things and it looks like new printed money. 

• Like 1