Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bad arc in contour

gplush,

Welcome to the board. What version of Mastercam are you using and have you updated it to the latest apps patches or enhancements? Are you trying to use the chain to define a cast part as stock in Lathe? Please supply us with a little more info about what it is you're attempting to do and we'll help you out. cheers.gif

I am using version 9.1 SP2. I just bought it from CAD CAM Tech ~ 2 months ago. I am trying to use the profile (in lathe) as a stock boundary. This isn't something new for me....I have done it in the past. Usually, I click delete or analyze chain to verify the "chain integrity." When I do that, everything looks beautiful, but when I try and use the chain as a stock boundary, it chains, but then it comes back with an error, "bad arc in contour."

Thanks,

Gail

Gail,

Is any of the geometry for the chain intersecting or beyond the Z axis? Here is my reasoning. In the past, defining cast stock boundaries in Lathe required the geometry to at least meet the z axis, but not go beyond it. If any of the geometry selected didn't meet the axis, the stock ended up "folded". V9 Lathe is much better at interpreting chained stock definitions but it may be something like what happened in the past which is producing this error. Probably the best way to help is if you can upload the file to the forum FTP and members can look at it from there. Or you can e-mail me the file and I'd be happy to look it over when I get the chance. My e-mail address is at the bottom of my signature. HTH cheers.gif

quote:

Iskander teh talking with himself (cool to talk with a nice chap !)

ROFLMAO

I wasn't saying what you thought, Iskander, what I meant was that sometimes I feel its just better to say 'F___ it, I'll fake something in there' instead of banghead.gif for a week to try to make the 'right' way work

C