Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam 9.1 SP2 and JobBoss 7.4

BF

Hello all,

Does anyone here use Mastercam 9.1 SP2 along with machine shop business software called JobBoss version 7.4?

We have used MasterCam with JobBoss for years. Ever since upgrading JobBoss from v7.2 to v7.4,

we have had a conflict between the two software packages. I won't bore anyone with the details.

Fire me an email if you are experiencing a conflict.

[email protected]

We are still using DOS based Jobboss, you remember the Jobboss that looks like the blue screen of deaf?

We have purchased the latest and greatest about 2 years ago, and continue to recieve the updates, but there hasn't been a good time to upgrade yet

SLOW POKES we are supposed to be upgrading by June.

What kind of conflicts are there? You arent boring anyone with details, thats why were here.. cheers.gif

Hi,

I didn't want to bore anyone, but here are the details of our problem.

We have been using MasterCam 9.1 SP2 ever since it was released. At the time we were using JobBoss 7.2 and life was good, no conflicts.

A few weeks ago, I upgraded JobBoss from 7.2 to 7.4.0

Now, whenever JobBoss and MasterCam are open at the same time, we cannot close JobBoss. We get “Access Violation” errors. The only way to close JobBoss at that point is to use Windows Task Manager to exit the program ungracefully.

If after getting the JobBoss “Access Violation” message and we choose not to task manage out of JobBoss, closing MasterCam will also take JobBoss out with it.

JobBoss tech support is at a loss. After doing the usual repair steps on JB and MC from the add/remove programs screen, and a few other things, JB tech said that they would have to take the issue back to the developers.

Problem is, if we are the only company having this problem, the developers may not look too hard at it. I feel that maybe we are the first customer to report this problem because we have the latest versions of both JB and MC and our MC users multitask with JB running while MC is running. A lot of companies don’t mix MC users with JB users. We also utilize a NetHasp server to hand out licences to MC users.

1.Do any of you multitask with MC and JB?

2.Do any of you use a NetHasp server?

3.Have any of you experienced the problem I have described?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

This problem is driving out programming/engineering dept nuts.

Thanks!

Paul Thomas

Tanksley Machine & Tool, Inc.

[email protected]

P (256) 350-2276

F (256) 350-2425

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't use Job Boss, but I have a question that may get you thinking about something to say to the JB Developers. Have you tried starting Job Boss first, then Mastercam or Mastercam then Job Boss. Or does it not matter.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're probably not the only company using JB and MC. Perhaps few use them together but you're not the only one.

James, I never said we were the only company that used JB and MC. I said that we may be the first company that is using the lastest versions of both packages and that have MC users that are multitasking with JobBoss and have a nethasp server doling out licenses. It may very well be a unique setting.

It does not seem to matter which software was opened first. I have ran many senarios on differnet computers using different operating systems and still get the same results: JB is conflicting with MC. All of our JobBoss computers that do not have MC loaded run JB perfectly.

MasterCam and JobBoss seem to be fighting and MasterCam is winning:)

quote:

Our access Violation errors are in module Vcl50.bpl

I have the same error here. JB will continue to run after this error I just have to click OK each time it pops up. I have not lost any data due to this error yet! JB will run but sometimes closes at a random time after receiving the error. Yes the only way to kill JB is terminate Jobboss.exe in the process tree. After exiting JB in this manner the next time JB is run there is no license available, exit restart to make license available.

JB 7.4.3.0253 1 seat on a single workstation

MC LVL 3 SP2 Maintenance) Solids

I called JB support 8-26-03 to inquire about this error.

quote:

Question

[bola22499 26-08-2003 15:29]

7.2 to 7.4 access violation at address ;.... in module vcl50.bpl read of address

select a module, and it would come up, x in window to close.

Stand alone unit. Shop view is grey'd out.

quote:

Answer

[bola22499 26-08-2003 15:35]

he was able to escape out and back in without error recurring

Of course while I was on the phone the problem didn’t reoccur.

The error began when I upgraded from 7.2 to 7.4, seems like it would be on the JB side and not MC.

Keep us posted if you find any thing out. I will try to make some time to call JB support today and tell them that other users are having the same problems. Maybe get them jump started on a fix.

John

Hi John,

Do you get the Access Violation error when you exit JobBoss while MasterCam is running/or has been running while a session of JobBoss was open?

As far as your problem of not being able to obtain a licence upon restarting JobBoss: Exiting JobBoss ungracefully such as using task manager is leaving the JobBoss user still logged in. That may have something to do with your license problem.

Thanks

My $.02.....

I use mc 9.1 and jobboss simultaneously however I don't use the latest version of JB. I'm still stuck in V6 even though we have the latest ( a familiar story ).

What I can tell you however is that JB even though its written in access use some delphi modules. There is a known issue with delphi when the image lists outgrow the video memory and move to system memory. I'm sure with MC running this would be the case. Believe it or not which video card you use can have an affect on this problem.

Particularily STB and Diamond drivers. Good luck.

cheers.gif

• 4 weeks later...

After a few conversations with JobBoss about the access violation error, I am happy to report that the issue has been resolved.

JobBOSS 7.4.3 Hot Fix Available – “DisplaySettingsHotFix.exe”-- Fixes “Access Violations in module vcl50.bpl” when running JobBOSS Version 7.4.3 and MasterCam software

Download from JobBoss support page.

So far I have experienced no more errors when running JB and MC.

John