Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CrashterCam Rant

motor-vater

Lost 6 hours of work today, I know I'm suppose to save often but I was on a roll. Tried to use a 3d toolpath and must have missed a setting or something and bam, after an hour of trying to generate a toolpath I had to give up and end task... All that work lost and some kind of error now built into one of the solids that will not regenerate. FML! Wish I could say this was the first time its happened but unfortunately It seems all to familiar. Why cant you just abort a toolpath during calculation when its obvious it DOA! End of rant, that is all FML

LOL Thanks fellas I will set up the auto save. I was just livid yesterday, my ears were even hot... lol Today is a new day we will see if I can get this program to cooperate today. Gotta machine a cavity that I would describe as a deer hoof. Its proving to be a challenge, to get the floor flat the wall is an under cut and to get the wall cut the floor is at an angle. For some reason I cant get this strategy sorted. I was looking at optirough from both angles then finish with a 3d contour but for some reason 3d contour or pencil line wont honor the spline, maybe after letting the computer cool down over night I will work out, or I will have to recreate the solids ( customer supplied solidworks) sometimes for what ever reason some cad files look good but actually suck when they are imported... Errr anyway off to battle.

If Pencil ain't happening 

multiple pencil paths not all of them at once or..

Use blend  with a high and low boundry on that corner going all the way around on the floor ...

same boundary's,  surface rough pocket Finish box checked only  or  and min max Z depths filled in or ...

scallop in those same boundaries

like you said your duking it out 

MC vs the model.

Use big step downs, Step overs at first 

so you can see quickly if MC is going to do what you want in a short time frame

I HAVE SPOKEN !

After 30 minutes I just went old school, Contour toolpath, then projected it to a flat boundary surface I made on that plane, All those days back in the early x versions still pay dividends... lol Spent an hour finding the solid error and had to regenerate about 40 toolpaths, I guess I'm getting spoiled using the stock models, but when one goes they all friggen go!!! Either way I'm almost back to where I started lol

• Like 1

You got it ...

I have Alt . Set as save on my keyboard and after every key move that " Worked" and you would never want to lose I slam it.

autosave ain't even close to every move yoo make with Mold Work etc.

when you get all Rick James freaky

on multiple planes on and on 

I " Ladder" between a back up and the original save even 

save hoof

save as hoof bk

save as  hoof

too much to lose 

• Like 1